This could be why you're depressed or anxious | Johann Hari

This could be why you're depressed or anxious | Johann Hari

Visit http://TED.com to get our entire library of TED Talks, subtitles, translations, personalized Talk recommendations and more.

In a moving talk, journalist Johann Hari shares fresh insights on the causes of depression and anxiety from experts around the world — as well as some exciting emerging solutions. “If you’re depressed or anxious, you’re not weak and you’re not crazy — you’re a human being with unmet needs,” Hari says.

The TED Talks channel features the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design — plus science, business, global issues, the arts and more. You’re welcome to link to or embed these videos, forward them to others and share these ideas with people you know. For more information on using TED for commercial purposes (e.g. employee learning, in a film or online course), please submit a Media Request here: https://media-requests.ted.com/

Follow TED on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TEDTalks
Like TED on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TED

Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/TED

Tag liên quan đến This could be why you're depressed or anxious | Johann Hari

trung tâm gia sư lý tự trọng,TEDTalk,TEDTalks,Depression,Mental Health,Illness,Society,Personal Growth,Brain,Humanity,Relationships

Xem thêm các video khác tại giasungoaithuong.com

41 thoughts on “This could be why you're depressed or anxious | Johann Hari”

1. Thankyou for this.
    Having suffered with depression and my mother's depression and other family members depression throughout my life many obvious things that could help just went over my head like simply standing up in the morning no matter how you feel stepping outside or just letting light in the room. Because of my background and experiences I've learned to shun community and it's been near devastating but I think I'm going to explore the concepts outlined here particularly the trend that has emerged in Europe prescribing social interaction. Social Prescribing. If you search it there's plenty on 5he subject
    this Ted talk periodically pops up and I watch it I watch it a few times already but this time I got the most out of it cuz I've been in a very low place and I need some simple maybe not always easy but simple ideas to help myself and to help others I'm so thankful for this so grateful

2. Having lived in different countries i realised that the collective mindset in some countries are damaging whilst nurturing for others. Choose your environment that will naturally allow you to be accepted..inland, country, coastline, desert, isolated, mountainous, non english speaking, city – whatever it takes. I truly experienced difficulty living in some places as the collective mindset didn't agree nor align with my mindset. I just couldn't succeed or thrive in one country and was there for 10 years. You start to believe its you until you change your environment.

3. Ah, big shout out to the brave United States, my country, for blowing that man's leg off… doing nothing to resolve it, caring nothing for it, and leaving behind land mines that further the atrocity and suffering in the world: what we do so often.

4. It took me only 21 years until today to realize my depression and anxiety comes from being a USA "DACA" victim. I was brought into the country at a young age and missed out on all major activities, and family I haven't been able to see until God knows when, and what hurts is the fact I'm depending on someone like Biden to lie and not get things done for the "Dreamers". I walk with my head down on a daily bases, theres nothing I can do. If I go back to my country of origin I will be a fish out of water. I love the USA, I grew up here, but society doesn't accept me. I've tried to help and serve the USA military, but was shut down, because I only have DACA, and not a Green Card. I now understand and have accepted something called "it is what it is".

5. 19:09 sad Part. Even the famous writers such as Noah harari promote such ideas that everything is just chemical reactions. I don't blame but I really think that this is the ultimate result of athiesm. What I believe is that reality of everything else comes with the acceptance of greatest reality ime God and denial of that reality invalidate the reality of everything else.

6. Cause of loneliness is breaking of family system because of uncontrolled and unregulated desire of individual freedom. Liberalism failed. Everything is good within limits. Allah swt made every individual free but he also put some limits which must be observed to fully utilise the freedom. Once the man breaks those limits he becomes the captive of his own desires which soon bury him under the shades of depression and loneliness.

7. I find this so comforting and inspiring – but at the same time, I’m so confused – money cannot buy happiness, but it certainly can buy safety and opportunities. My wealthy friend has so many more options in life. How do I reconcile this?